20 Facebook Marketing Ideas For Restaurants: Grab Your Strategy To Get More Customers
Facebook has over 2.85 billion users. It's a valuable platform for restaurants to communicate with their target customers. Most restaurant owners or managers are afraid of using Facebook to promote their business because of the lack of knowledge about how to go about it. Facebook marketing can be tricky, and unless you know how to do it, it can be hard to get organic results. Here are 24 Facebook marketing ideas and strategies for restaurants that you can use to get your business on the right track.
- Use Popular Facebook Hashtags
- Create a Facebook Group for Your Customers and Ask Them To Share Their Experience
- Target Your Potential Customers Through Facebook Ads
- Use Facebook Engagement Groups To Increase Reach And Loyalty
- Use Facebook To Manage Your Restaurant's Online Presence
- Create A Contest For Customers To Get Them To Join Your Group
- Share Great Content From Other Restaurants To Let Them Know You Support The Industry
- Use Facebook To Offer Promotions For Your Customers
- Use Facebook To Create A Contest That You Can Run From Your Own Restaurant
- Build An Online Community On Your Restaurant's Facebook Page
- Use Facebook And Instagram To Create Content For Your Website
- Use Facebook To Create A Final Countdown For Your Contest
- Create A Facebook Event And Promote It On Your Restaurant's Page
- Use Facebook To Host Special Offers For Your Restaurant's Customers
- Ask Customers To Share Your Restaurant Pictures With Their Friends
- Encourage Customers To Provide Feedback
- Share Your Restaurant's Menu On Facebook
- Create Updates That Are Specific For Your Restaurant
- Create A Group Of Friend Fans On Facebook For Your Restaurant
- Request Recommendations From Your Customers On What To Try Next Time They Visit Your Restaurant
20 Marketing Ideas For Your Restaurant on Facebook
1. Use Popular Facebook Hashtags
Hashtags are a fun and easy way to connect with people on social media. It must be in your Facebook restaurant marketing strategy. They help people find you, but they also help you find others. You can use hashtags to generate interest in your products, or they can be used to connect with a larger community. If you understand how hashtags work and incorporate them into your social media marketing plan, they will become an essential tool for you.
2. Create a Facebook Group for Your Customers and Ask Them To Share Their Experience
It is one of the astonishing restaurant marketing ideas and trends restaurants you can use on Facebook. All you need to do is create a group about your restaurant or food category and invite your loyal customers to join it.
After that, ask them questions about their experience with your establishment so that you can understand what they like the most and what they dislike the most. Then, once you know what they want to see in your restaurant, use food pictures from previous visits with high-quality images and add good reviews from current customers.
This is a great way to collect feedback on your product without asking for it directly, and you'll know what customers want to see in future visits. You can create a private or public group, depending on the type of questions you want to ask.
3. Target Your Potential Customers Through Facebook Ads
If you have a limited business budget, this option is better than any other. Although Facebook marketing ideas and strategies are difficult to implement if you are in the early stages of your business or don't have a large following, Facebook ads are easy to set up with few resources. All you need is a small budget (less than $100) and some unique restaurant promotion ideas about who your ideal customer is.
When creating your ads, decide what you feel is important to your target audience and target them. You can use location targeting if you are only concerned about targeting a specific area or city. You can also use interest targeting if you want to focus on a specific group of people that have already expressed interest in your business.
4. Use Facebook Engagement Groups To Increase Reach And Loyalty
This option is exclusively for restaurants that are already established and have a large number of followers on Facebook. If this sounds like you, then creating an engagement group is the best thing to do.
An engagement group is a place where you ask your customers to give you feedback on your product. You can ask them to comment on pictures of dishes (if they have been there), like other pictures, and even ask for recommendations.
5. Use Facebook To Manage Your Restaurant's Online Presence
The importance of having a website is undisputed in the online marketing world. Still, few restaurant owners know how to create a professional one that generates results and draws people in.
However, a business with an online presence is more likely to be noticed by a broad audience and can be more successful than one without one. If you have an online presence on Facebook, managing it should be easy for you because it is already integrated into your site.
How Bookmyorder can help you?
With our free online ordering system for restaurants, you can easily connect your Facebook page or existing website with our platform so that customers can order from anywhere they are on the internet!
So it doesn't matter if they're at home in front of their computer or out on the go using their phone - it's easy for them to place orders through your site when they want something delicious from you!
And best of all, there are no monthly fees or hidden costs - it's completely free! So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and start taking advantage of this fantastic tool!
Integrate your FB Page with Bookmyorder For Free
Bookmyorder has everything you need for your restaurant.Get Started
6. Create A Contest For Customers To Get Them To Join Your Group
Once you have created the contest, you can put it on your social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc., pages to let people know about it. For instance, if you have a restaurant, you can create a video showcasing some of your signature dishes and ask people to comment on it with their favorite dish. You can also ask them what they like about your restaurant.
This is effective Facebook marketing ideas and strategies for restaurants because it allows you to collect feedback from your customers while promoting your business at the same time.
7. Share Great Content From Other Restaurants To Let Them Know You Support The Industry
It is one of the exclusive marketing tips to let others know that you support the food industry. Sharing great content from other restaurants or even other people in the same industry will show how much you care about the restaurant world and can even get people to leave positive comments on your page. This will get you more foodie followers, who tend to become loyal patrons of your restaurant.
8. Use Facebook To Offer Promotions For Your Customers
This is the best way to bring more business from Facebook to your restaurant:
- You'll need to create a contest using the previous idea mentioned above.
- Once that contest is open, create an event and promote it everywhere you can think of.
- When the event is over, share all of your information about it and give customers details about their prizes.
Hiring an expert could be a good idea here, too, because they can create a well-created event that will attract people's attention and make sure that they win.
9. Use Facebook To Create A Contest That You Can Run From Your Own Restaurant
While using Facebook to promote your contest, you can also use your restaurant's page as a platform for the contest. This allows you to drive more people to visit your restaurant and win something. It also makes it easy for you because you don't need to explain how your contest works or share your contest rules with everyone.
10. Build An Online Community On Your Restaurant's Facebook Page
People think that social media is only about posting on Twitter and creating content for Instagram, but this isn't true at all. The Facebook page is a great place for creating an online community where people can ask questions about cooking and ask advice for their favorite dishes. You can even organize comment sections and share great recipes.
11. Use Facebook And Instagram To Create Content For Your Website
While this might be a bit of an advanced technique, it's a good idea to create content for your website too. If your website isn't exciting for people to visit, you have already lost half of your audience. For this, you can use Instagram and post pictures from an event at your restaurant or share great recipes that you found online that other people might enjoy.
Mentioning where these posts are promoted is vital to ensuring that they get enough views and traffic to increase their social media presence and draw in new customers.
12. Use Facebook To Create A Final Countdown For Your Contest
If your contest lasts a few weeks or even longer, then it might be a good idea to create a countdown to remind your customers how much time there is left to enter the contest.
With these Facebook marketing ideas and strategies for restaurants, you can get more entries because people will want to join them before the deadline. This is also an excellent way to promote your restaurant because people will see how close they are to winning something with their entry.
13. Create A Facebook Event And Promote It On Your Restaurant's Page
Once you are done creating a contest with a specific theme, you should create an event for it and make sure to use your restaurant page to promote the event. This will help you get all of the entries from your customers, and they'll be able to see what the contest is all about.
People will also share your contest with others that they know, which is another excellent way to increase your restaurant's visibility online.
14. Use Facebook To Host Special Offers For Your Restaurant's Customers
This is a good strategy and easy to implement for your restaurant. All you need is a small discount code that you'll include in every update about the special offer. You can do this by having the special offer's name or keeping it a surprise for your customers.
Create Special Discount Offers For Special Customers.
Bookmyorder has everything you need for your restaurant.Get Started
15. Ask Customers To Share Your Restaurant Pictures With Their Friends
Another way to use Facebook's social network as a marketing strategy is by asking customers to share your restaurant pictures with their friends. This is a good strategy because people connected to the person who shared the photo will see the image, giving you more exposure.
You can post pictures of delicious food and the restaurant itself for this particular strategy. This kind of marketing tactic will create buzz about your restaurant, which is exactly what you want for any type of marketing campaign for your restaurant.
16. Encourage Customers To Provide Feedback
You can also encourage customers to give you feedback regarding your restaurant and what they thought of the experience. This will allow you to improve your business by learning from other people's opinions. You can ask customers to write reviews about the food, service, music, environment, etc.
You can even ask them to post a picture that shows how happy they are with their meal or service at your restaurant. In return, you could reward them with gift cards and discounts on future visits.
17. Share Your Restaurant's Menu On Facebook
Sharing your menu on Facebook can be an excellent way for you to get new customers. While most people think sharing a menu is pointless, it's a very effective restaurant marketing plan and will inform your customers of what you have to offer them.
It works because most people tend to eat at restaurants that offer something they like, which is why sharing your menu on Facebook can be an excellent way for you to get new customers.
18. Create Updates That Are Specific For Your Restaurant
If you lack creativity when creating a strategy for your restaurant on Facebook, then using specific updates will be of great help. A good example would be using pictures from live events at your own restaurant. After that, you can post a comment saying, "don't you want to be here right now?" which will drive attention to your restaurant.
19. Create A Group Of Friend Fans On Facebook For Your Restaurant
The significance of having a fan base on Facebook is obvious, but they believe that this isn't important at all. You can easily see how wrong they are because you can get many benefits from the fan base.
For instance, you can increase your likes by sharing new posts and recipes on your page, which fans will like. It makes you look more popular and likable to customers, which will make them more interested in visiting your restaurant.
20. Request Recommendations From Your Customers On What To Try Next Time They Visit Your Restaurant
Using this Facebook strategy will help you draw in more customers because they want to try new things when they go out to eat at their favorite restaurants. You can include one question that asks for a recommendation from your customers regarding what they want to try next time they visit your restaurant.
Facebook marketing is a great way to attract more customers to your restaurant. With these 20 tips, you can increase foot traffic and bring in more customers to your business. The best thing about using Facebook as your marketing tool is that it is affordable, and everyone uses it daily. Most importantly, using Facebook to market your business will help you grow in the long run.