Top TikTok Restaurant Marketing Tips & Ideas: Get Your Menu Noticed On TikTok
TikTok is one of the fastest-growing social media channels worldwide. But getting your restaurant noticed on this platform can be a challenge.
As any restaurateur knows, it's hard to get people in the door and keep them coming back for more. It's even harder when you're competing against thousands of other restaurants that are doing precisely the same thing!
That's why we created the ultimate marketing guide for TikTok restaurant marketing. This post will teach you how to promote your restaurant on TikTok using our proven strategies.
By following these TikTok restaurant promotion tips, you'll have an easier time growing your presence on TikTok and attracting new customers who are looking for the best food in town.
5 TikTok Ideas for Restaurants to Promote their Business
1. Make Relevant, Concise, and Engaging Content
The restaurant content you share on TikTok is more than just a photo or video - it's your brand. You're not just trying to promote your restaurant, which is why it's essential to keep the content on TikTok relevant and engaging.
Engaging content requires a lot of creativity, but this is essential in ensuring that your restaurant's TikTok content stands out from the crowd.
While there are many ways of doing this, one effective way would be to use fun filters and stickers. You can also opt for short videos with text for triggering viewers to leave comments, etc. Filters and stickers can easily spice up stock photos and turn them into something unique.
You can use them in various ways to attract potential customers to TikTok. For example,
- Incorporate them into funny or creative clips that people will want to watch.
- Challenge your customers to use a specific filter or sticker on their restaurant photos and then share it with a hashtag that’s currently trending.
- Add a unique filter or sticker on existing pictures from your restaurant's Instagram account.
That way, people will be aware of your restaurant's Instagram account and follow it easily. That’s a great marketing idea for getting more exposure.
Read Also: 10 Creative and Fun Snapchat Post Ideas for Restaurant
2. Interact with Other Users on TikTok
TikTok excels at engaging its users because user engagement is one of the primary goals of the social media platform. So, for example, if you share a video of your restaurant on TikTok, many TikTok viewers will watch the video and leave comments.
That shows people are genuinely interested in engaging with businesses on TikTok, such as restaurants. Your restaurant could gain from this.
That is why you should make it a point to interact with users who visit your restaurant's TikTok page and leave comments regularly. You can also ask these users to tag their friends in the comments section.
3. Partner with Local TikTok Influencers
TikTok influencers have millions of followers. Moreover, they are constantly interacting with these followers on the platform. So if your restaurant page connects with an influencer with a strong following, you can easily tap into thousands of potential customers.
There are many benefits of teaming up with these famous figures as an effective marketing strategy. Here are some of these advantages.
- You don't need expensive advertisement campaigns
- You can score high conversion rates
- There are low risks involved because you can monitor conversations in real-time.
- Finally, other brands may also collaborate with you to share your exposure. That will help expand your audience and increase your brand's awareness.
4. Take your TikTok Customers on a Behind-The-Scenes Tour
The number of people who watch TikTok is growing every day. So why don't you use it to your advantage and give your viewers a behind-the-scenes tour?
Many restaurants have started following this trend. What’s the outcome? Their customers are more likely to revisit because they feel like they are a part of the restaurant's community.
In addition, there may be something unique about how your kitchen operates or prepares a popular menu item. Shooting behind-the-scenes videos is a great way to share it with your TikTok audience so more people can know about your unique restaurant business.
5. Create Hashtag Challenges for Your Tiktok Followers
When someone wants to find a restaurant, they usually look for specific qualities. For example, a person could be looking for unique cuisine, a particular ambiance, or a pocket-friendly menu. However, identifying the best restaurant for their needs is quite a challenge. That’s when hashtags come into the picture. The popular social media marketing technique lets your potential customers know what’s special about your restaurant. (location, menu, or discounts).
Most restaurants create a hashtag challenge and ask their followers to send relevant pictures. Hashtag contests are a popular marketing strategy for today’s restaurants.
Here are some guidelines on how to create a successful hashtag challenge:
- Ask followers to upload pictures of their favorite type of food as part of a contest.
- Inform followers that they must follow the hashtag you created.
- Once they submit the pictures, please choose the best ones to your hashtag, and feature them on your page.
- Pick a winner and thank all the followers who participated in the contest.
TikTok is the perfect place to promote restaurant brands and get your word out there. The platform will give you a considerable number of followers, which can help you achieve your business goals. For example, you can attain more customers or promote a new menu item. In addition, some restaurants give a TikTok tour of their kitchen for introducing their staff.
You can also debut new items or display your customers’ finest moments to flaunt what makes your restaurant different from others. Finally, don’t forget to track your growth and monitor what tactics are helping you the most on TikTok.